Friday, July 15, 2016

Grandparents


When I was in Elementary School, my mom realized that her parents were aging, and needed to live close to one of their children so that they could be taken care of in their older years. My dad's parents lived in Idaho Falls at the time, so we were already in close proximity to them. An empty lot was found just around the corner from where we lived, and my grandparents were able to purchase it and build a home on the lot. My maternal grandfather died in August of 2000, right before I went to college at BYU. My maternal grandmother had stayed in the house for a little while after her husband had died, but then decided that she would rather be closer to some other family. She moved to a retirement home in Sandy, Utah and my mom was working on getting her house sold. I have lots of good memories of having both of my sets of grandparents living in Idaho Falls when I was growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment